To make up for my lame excuses (as my son would have put it) , I am endeavoring to create more exciting food and fun with step by step easy video cooking and baking. So you may catch me at my Best or at my Worst and enjoying every minute of it.
Here’s my very first home-made video on YouTube , presenting to you a home cooked delicious Quiche Lorraine after being tempted so many times from Delifrance. LOL, I do so hope that I am one lucky soul who unknowingly stumbled upon the secret recipe !
I know you just dying to have it (well I know I am again !)
Ingredients to make the Quiche Dough
- 400g plain flour (sifted)
- 225g butter
- 4 large egg yolk
-1/2 cup chilled water
1. Add butter to sifted flour
2. Use fingers to rub Butter until it resembles breadcrumb
3. Add in eggs and water
4. Knead the mixture until it becomes a dough
5. Wrap the dough and keep it in the refrigerator for 20mins
6. After 20mins, proceed to rollout the dough.
7. Use the Quiche Pan to cut out the size of dough
8. Press the cut out dough onto the Quiche Pan
9. Use a fork to prick holes on the dough
Ingredients for the Quiche Fillings and Egg custard
- 25g of butter
- 1 chopped cubed onion
- 1 cup chopped cubed button mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Steps to make the Quiche Fillings
1. Heat the pan and add in butter
2. Fry the Onion, mushroom, ham and season with pepper.
3. Set aside to cool
Steps to make the Quiche Custard mixture
1. Mix milk and eggs
2. Season with salt and add in chopped parsley
3. Mix well
Steps to make the Final Quiche
1. Add the cooled Quiche fillings onto the dough in the Quiche Pan
2. Add Quiche custard mixure
3. Add generous amount of grated cheese
4. Put into pre-heated oven and bake at 180C for 35mins.
Try making not 1 but 2 and indulge your loved ones with home made Quiche Lorraine. You will be amazed how all would disappeared in no time. Don’t blame me if you are swarmed with more requests !