You must be wondering what have happened to me since my last post. I have not disappeared from the surface of cooking (heaven forbids !) but have been continuously cooking and baking as always. Just that I have not kept up with my Blog posting as I was busy with my work and family.
To make up for my lame excuses (as my son would have put it) , I am endeavoring to create more exciting food and fun with step by step easy video cooking and baking. So you may catch me at my Best or at my Worst and enjoying every minute of it.
Here’s my very first home-made video on YouTube , presenting to you a home cooked delicious Quiche Lorraine after being tempted so many times from Delifrance. LOL, I do so hope that I am one lucky soul who unknowingly stumbled upon the secret recipe !
A warning to those who watch this video would no doubt be tempted to quickly whipped up a Quiche knowing how easy it can be done, not 1 but perhaps 3 to 4 Quiches at one go !!! I actually did 5 Quiches within a span of 2 days , after my sons’ commented how mouth-watering it was . They were begging me for more after watching my Quiche Lorraine video (my little fans !).
If you love to have more of my videos, I would love to hear from you too .
And if you did not manage to get all details of the recipe, do not fret.
Here’s the recipe and let’s start making Quiche ! As usual being the greedy me, I have set aside for 2 eight inch Quiches.
I know you just dying to have it (well I know I am again !)
Ingredients to make the Quiche Dough
- 400g plain flour (sifted)
- 225g butter
- 4 large egg yolk
-1/2 cup chilled water
1. Add butter to sifted flour
2. Use fingers to rub Butter until it resembles breadcrumb
3. Add in eggs and water
4. Knead the mixture until it becomes a dough
5. Wrap the dough and keep it in the refrigerator for 20mins
6. After 20mins, proceed to rollout the dough.
7. Use the Quiche Pan to cut out the size of dough
8. Press the cut out dough onto the Quiche Pan
9. Use a fork to prick holes on the dough
Ingredients for the Quiche Fillings and Egg custard
- 25g of butter
- 1 chopped cubed onion
- 1 cup chopped cubed button mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Steps to make the Quiche Fillings
1. Heat the pan and add in butter
2. Fry the Onion, mushroom, ham and season with pepper.
3. Set aside to cool
Steps to make the Quiche Custard mixture
1. Mix milk and eggs
2. Season with salt and add in chopped parsley
3. Mix well
Steps to make the Final Quiche
1. Add the cooled Quiche fillings onto the dough in the Quiche Pan
2. Add Quiche custard mixure
3. Add generous amount of grated cheese
4. Put into pre-heated oven and bake at 180C for 35mins.
Try making not 1 but 2 and indulge your loved ones with home made Quiche Lorraine. You will be amazed how all would disappeared in no time. Don’t blame me if you are swarmed with more requests !