Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Carrot Cake




I love Carrot Cake , love, love, love it !! Next to chocolates cakes, this is the next best yummiest cake. You simply cannot get enough of this delicious "Top-of-the-hill cheesy lemony creamy" spread across the moist Carrot Cake. How could anyone live without it ! I know I wouldn't.

My first experience of carrot cake was at Secret Recipe (famous for its cakes !) which happened to be served as a dessert, part of a main meal set. I wasn't expecting much from the look of the cake, but the first bite was an instant amazement ! Simply delicious tender cake with contrasting sweetish ,sourish creamy topping.. and the toppings are so so so ..Generous. Whenever I do happen to drop by at Secret Recipe, I had to have it, otherwise I would hate myself for not tasting it.

Now for my version of Carrot Cake, I have added a generous amount of cheesy creamy toppings. Hmm.. could have been more but I ran out of cheese (sigh !) Luck has it that I have pure cream, and added pure cream instead.. And, after that, I ran out of pure cream.. hmmm...

Surprisingly, this concoction came out angeliciously good ! Haha.. my good guy KC, came out with the word "angelicious" for my earlier cakes !


To start off, this is what is required, the ingredients :

Cake
250 gm butter
300 gm castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
5 eggs
350 gm cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
100 gm chopped Walnut
300 gm grated Carrot
Frosting topping
150gm cream cheese
50gm pure cream (I use Bulla pure cream)
150gm icing sugar
1 tsp lemon juice




How to Do it
1. Cream butter and sugar into a creamy mixture.
2. Add vanilla essence and eggs. Mix well with a mixer.
3. Add in the Cake flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Do not over-mix.
4. Fold in with the carrot and chopped walnuts.
5. Pour into the 10 inch cake tin and bake for 130C for 60mins
6. Let the cake rest. Reverse the cake to remove it.
7. To make the frosting, mix the frosting ingredients together and whisked it until creamy.
8. Spread the toppings over the cake.

Here's my very own version of Top-of-the hill creamy cheesy lemony Carrot Cake.. yum yum !



If anyone ever ask me what is my last meal going to be, carrot cake with generous creamy topping has to be one of them ! I will eternally RIP..

No comments:

Post a Comment