Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chocolate Banana Cake


School Exams are out! What joy from. guess who.. the Mummy ! Last Friday was the end of the whole exam saga. Not that I help that much with my boys' school work. At least now, I have the boys undivided attention, to be part of my gourmet tasters again in my creation of Food ! Haha..

To begin my gastronomical journey, here's
one dedication first to colleague Ms Ever-MamaDrama S, as she is so dearly known. Haha.. name is self-explanatory ! She is yet another very slim one, but since the title has clearly been taken by another colleague (the reigning Ms Ever-Slim J unless she puts on prosperously due to my good food), she's still the Drama Queen.

With the birthday "girls and boys" around the corner in December (sorry Nov "kids") , Ms Ever-MamaDrama requested for chocolate cake first, with additional toppings of Bananas. Oops, Me ? Did I get it right ??! I am not professionally trained. I am just the gutsy Passionate Cooking Foodie .

I decided I better test out first before the impending December. With my endless so-called excellent and well,..sometimes not-so excellent cakes track record (now you know !) , I am not always sure of how it turns out. Hmm..perhaps, I tend to experiment too much, so each time is never the same. Now, with so many gourmets around me, my name-sake is at stake. Humpyh..

So if you ever want to try anything, do what it takes, join me in my maiden journey in the Sea of Gastronomy.

What is Required

Chocolate Sponge Cake
(A) Sponge Cake
125 gm. Cake flour
30 gm. Cocoa powder
1/4 cup hot water
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
75 gm. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 egg yolks

(B) 4 egg white
120 gm. sugar
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar

(C) Ganache
300 gm. dairy whipping cream
250 gm. melted chocolate
50 gm. butter

Toppings
4 slices of cut Bananas
250 gm whipping cream
30gm. cocoa powder




What to Do

1. Use hot water to dissolve cocoa powder
2. Add rest of sponge cake ingredients together and mix into a smooth batter
3. Whisk (B) ingredients until stiff peak
4. Fold into the cocoa powder batter.
5. Pour into a 9" round cake tin and bake at 190C for about 45 mins.
6. Set aside cake to rest and cut into 3 layers
7. Mix all the ingredients for Ganache in a double-boiled bot.
8. Whip the fresh cream and add in cocoa powder mixture.
9. Spread between 2 layers of cake. Add the cut-up bananas.
10. Pour Ganache on the top layer
11. Let the cake set in the fridge

Yummy.. cut and slice up ! Ooo.. I can't wait to give out the title of Ms Ever_Prosperous Looking..LOL..

1 comment:

  1. Nice one! You made me feel like I have to make one for myself already. ;)

    ReplyDelete