I love Christmas holidays with all the happy festivities bubbling everywhere. Just another of those moods to spend time shopping and cooking up a feast. And, of course, I feel like a frozen-Turkey hunter every Christmas. Hope no one see The dishevelled Mummy scouring around on the day before the Eve of Christmas and looking for her Beloved Turkeys.
Well, not that I know how it looks like under all those plastic wraps (LOL), I must look for the best size Turkey to fit my oven. haha... I quickly zoomed on 2 Turkeys. Phew.. last few left.
I guess if you must know, years ago, I have been the reigning appointed Turkey Cook for my family and in-laws. ;-) I am still waiting to bequeath my title.. hmm ..still waiting..
A little history. Almost every year at least for the past 10 years, I have been cooking Turkey without fail except for that one last year when the family decides to give me a break and we bought those pre-cooked ones to reheat. Bad choice. BIG mistake. A real disappointment as the meat tasted hard and non-juicy. Verdict ? They missed my home-cooked one.
This year, I decided to try a different Baked Roasted Turkey, alot more buttery sauce with flavoured herb Turkey. Well, this version is surprisingly more tender and juicy. Mr H is so easily impressed. The boys are equally full of accolades ! Hehe.. wonders of being someone's wife and mother.. isn't this so thrilling. I have my own red carpet right at my home and in-laws ;-)
What is Required
Herb Butter Ingredient
1 dash of 5 spice powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp spaghetti bolognese herb
1. Season the Turkey exterior with Teriyaki Sauce.
2. In the Turkey interior, season with black pepper and salt. Add in the Rosemary leaves.
3. To make a flavoured Butter, add the Herb butter ingredient. Use a fork to mix it.
4. Use a spatula to gently insert a pocket of space under the turkey skin for both sides of the Turkey.
5. Insert the Herb Butter into the Skin pocket and spread it inside the skin. Do for both sides
6. Spread the remaining of the herb butter onto all over the exterior of the Turkey.
7. Add in the carrot, celery, onion and mushrooms together with the Turkey for baking.
8. Add 2 cups of water and the bay leaf.
9. Cover top of the turkey with aluminium foil to prevent the top from getting burn.
10. Bake for 60mins at 190C. Insert a skewer to check that the Turkey is cooked. Otherwise, cook for another 5 to 10mins and check again.
Have a tenderising Turkey ! Cheers to everyone and have a wonderful Holiday Season !