Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Strawberry Mousse Cake



I have been dreaming of Strawberries since my family trip to Cameron Highlands. So here's one for all the Strawberry-crazed people out there..

Picking strawberries are fun ! Exactly what my boys did ! Not that my boys are dying to eat them, that's the least that they want to do, it's just the temptations of resisting to pluck is just too strong. **LOL ** Just as well that I am the "plucky" mummy..




ALL these strawberries into this cake ...


Somehow, pink does not fit into the context of my boys.. hmm.. it's just interesting to see them bite into a piece of my Strawberrryyyyy cake, grimacing their faces...hahaha. Surprisingly, my younger one, the ever-pleasing one, while helping me out, can't resist dipping his little finger into the strawberry icings and commented that it tasted real good !

To sweeten the deal, using the leftover swirl cake side wrappings, I slice into into 4 layers with added peanut butter for my younger one. On another swiss-roll piece , my elder one had yummy cheese spread over it. What a supper for the nite..

Not forgetting dearest Mr H, he gamely joined in as well. Oh.. believe me, I do really love my boys, and the boys love the Mummy. Isn't this great ! Hahaha...
I must really find others to amuse my cake with..

Anyway, here's how you can have fun with your strawberries.

What is Required
(A) Sponge cake
10 egg yolks
400 gm. cake flour
200 gm. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup water
1 cup cooking oil
2 tsp. vanilla essence
4 tsp. baking powder
(B) 10 egg white
1 tsp. cream of tartar
150 gm. sugar
(C) Strawberry cream
200g strawberry
100g castor sugar
4 tsp gelatine powder
3 tbsp hot water
500g whipped fresh cream

How to Do it
1. Mix all the ingredients (A) together until smooth.
2. Whisk ingredients (B) to create a stiff peak, suggests using a cake mixer.
3. Add this whipped egg white into (A) and fold with a spatula.
4. Put a grease proof paper at bottom of tin.
5. Divide mixture into 3 portions.
6. To bake the coloured swirl cake, take 1st portion for the side decoration. Again, spilt the mixture into another 2 separate portions. Add 1/2 tsp of rose colour to 1st separated portion and mix it well. Pour into a 12" square cake pan and spread it out. Slowly dip the remaining white portion into patches randomly into the cake. Use a tooth pick to swirl the cake. Bake for 20mins at 190C.
7. To bake the sponge cake, pour into a 9" cake tin and bake for about 60 mins till cooked at 190C. Remove from oven and leave to cool completely on a cooling rack.
8. Slice the sponge cake into 2 layers.
9. To make the strawberry cream, boil strawberry and sugar in a doubled-boiler pan.
10. When cool, blend the mixture until fine. Stir gelatine with the hot water and add into mixture. Fold in the whipped cream.
11. Spread the strawberry cream between the 1st layer and 2nd layer of the sliced sponge cake.
9. For the side decoration, slice the swirl coloured cake around 2 inches width and wrap round the sponge cake.
12. Top up the rest of cake with the strawberry cream. Keep it in the fridge over night.
13. Have fun with the decoration.

Enjoy this yummy strawberry cake !

No comments:

Post a Comment