Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Chocolate ButterScotch Bar with Cashew Nuts


Yesterday evening was a happy moment.

My colleague, Ms ever-slim J SMS me on a piece of good news !!! I checked my emails, yes, we did it ! I couldn't have done it without Ms ever-slim J and Mr ever-amusing C. I am so happy , I must do a food workout .. LOL

If ever I want to do something now, this is the time to unleash the last few days of penned up energy. Yes, this calls for Chocolate Butterscotch Bar time ! I have been wanting to make this for quite some time , did not have time for this until now.... Let's see how a weekday nite express creativity will turn out !


Time 9.45 pm. Let's target to finish off by 11pm. ** wink **

Quickly got my camera to capture the moment, hmm.. Checked what I have in my kitchen store, not bad for a last minute decision. I guess I can survive with most items that I have, plus my multi-talented improvisation, I guess I could get away with this... hehe

As usual, my "little" curious one, tagged along.. How's this for his picture contributions to my eventful nite. Oh..isn't he a dear !


Let's call this picture "Little One's nite-out with Cashew Nut"






Mr H made his appearance as well, wondering what the wifey is doing at nite like this , and start meddling the camera...

His pictures' contribution , let's call it "Goofing around with chocos !", it could have been worse !! hehe







Hmmm....

I am just waiting for the next dramatic entrance of the elder one into the kitchen ..where could he be ?? ** my guess, he is playing catch-up time on his MapleStory ! after the whole PSLE saga **


Now ..Here's my ever-humble ingredients.





To the "Left" for the Biscuit Foundation
225g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
115g unsalter butter
50g butter
50g brown sugar
150g dark chocolate melted
30ml ground amonds
To the "Right" for the Toppings
175g butter
115g castor sugar
30ml golden syrup - I use "honey" for the last minute improvisation
175ml condensed milk
150 whole toasted Cashew nuts - usually it's the hazel nut
225g plain chocolate

PreHeat oven to 160C or 325F
First grease a shallow 10" by 10" square pan.
Add the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.



Add in the Butter and rub it in until it looks like the bread crumbs (I use the mixer , thanks to the wonders of invention , can't live without it !)




Add in the Brown Sugar until it is well-combined !




Add in the melted chocolate, followed by the ground almonds... this is actually the tasty biscuit dough !




Mix it all well until it looks like this ! ** nope , that's not what you think it is... **


Spread the dough out on a pan and use a fork to prick the surface evenly on the dough (to prevent it from rising up !) This is good for the oven for 30mins. Once out, leave it to rest for around 15mins for it to form to a biscuit dough.


In the meantime, let's start with the making the delicious topping... my fav !

Mix the butter, sugar, honey and condensed milk into a pan.
Heat gently (I mean real gently.,.. could get burnt here !)..
Stirring until the butter and suger have melted.
Simmer till you see golden and stir in the cashew nuts.



Spread the toppings onto the biscuit dough using a spatula.
Leave it to set for around 5mins.


Pour the hot melted dark chocolate onto the cashew nut toppings. Spread the chocolate evenly.
Don't this look Heavenly... yummy, cannot wait.. sneak a taste !... my younger keep asking me when he can have his bite of choco !
Oooh... it's done and it's 11.30pm and my younger son is still waiting for me..
Now the waiting game, leave it in the fridge for a day to set and harden.

Yes, this is the next morning-after, ie. today 7.30am ! ohhh...., I am so so proud of myself ! Just got to let my colleagues try this !...

No comments:

Post a Comment