Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I simply love chocolate too much to let go of this Chocolate Chip Cookies. This is something I did over the last weekend to distract me from the PSLE nightmare. The Mummy's bad hair the week before and the one yet to come. ** Hair and bad nails week ** Hope no one detects the shorter than ever nails. ;-P

Good for you folks.. this means the more dishevelled I am, the more inspired I get **LOL **

Hitherto, I embarked feverishly onto working my hands on the Chocolate Chip Cookies. It's kind of mental de-stress therapy for me every time I bake which ensures that I do not get onto my elder son Vin's nerves.. Well that's another story.. some other time.
Back to this, it's either make or break. The last time I tried making the Chocolate Chip Cookies, it fell flat literally onto the baking tray * splat *, with what looks more like a cake dough spread across the baking tray. I realise my mistake liao..

"Genuis" makes mistake too, haha ** wink **
Mistakes to Avoid having a flat cookie
1. No overcrowding of the dough on the Baking Tray, leave at least a 2 inch space between each dough as the latter expands at least 3 times it's size.
2. Make sure the oven heat is well heated accordingly

Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
What you need
1. 280g flour
1. 150g sugar
2. 160g brown sugar
3. 220g butter
4. 2 eggs
5. 3 tsps of vanilla extract (to get the nice smell !)
6. 1 tsp baking soda
7. half tsp salt
8. 500ml of chocolate chips (put more if you like it more chocolaty)
9. Walnuts - break into smaller pieces, make it coarse-like sugar
(choice of macademia, hazel, peccans as well)

How to do
1. Preheat oven to 190 C
2. Rub in the butter until the mixture resamebls coarse breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar. Add in the egg, flour, baking soda and salt. Use the spatula or cake mixer to combine the mixture until it looks like a light dough.
The reason why my choice of Walnut, simply because these are the left overs, after making the Walnut Mooncakes during the Mooncake festive season. Rather than having to munch them separately, I have added this into the cookie as well - the Mummy's version of reuse, recycle, reduce..
The 4 dozens cookies lasted only for 2 days !

Behold... next week , more cooking talent unleashed as your Cooking Mummy gets right smack into the PSLE tension ! Hmm.. what's next

No comments:

Post a Comment