Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Kenny Rogers Corn Muffins

I always love to go to Kenny Rogers for their chicken meals which have fantastic choices of side dishes. This is especially so when I am a great fan of the ever so-tasty Kenny Rogers corn muffins. Ohh... I simply love the warm corn muffins that always adds an endearing sweet after-taste to the whole meal.

Hence, this begins my journey of looking for this Great Recipe that captures this buttery sweetness (yes, I am a sugar person, full of sweetness as you can tell... hehe)

Honestly, I never imagined that I could ever get hold of this recipe by surfing the internet. This happened many many moons back. Lo and Behold, somehow I managed to get hold of this. But, I was not convinced of the authentic taste of it, as there were no pictures, but just a simple recipe. Anyway I had to try it !
As you would have guess, eversince that first try, I have made these muffins a couple of times.. so you know the answer..it's close to the real thing ! Because I love eating them and the children loves eating them , I make them quite often, with my new chocolatey invention ones as well !


Don't they look tempting ...hmmm.... I swear I can smell them from the pictures !



These are the simple but respectable ingredients required to perform the Grand Finale !





1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup frozen yellow corn


Instead of the yellow cornmeal, I have replaced it with the Red Man Cookie Cornmeal which I find has a finer texture and taste better.


Cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs, and salt in a largebowl.





I use the electric mixer to help in the creaming ! Much easier... ;-)



This is followed by some whisking ... whisk away !!



Errh... this is how it looks.. not to worry , it gets better after this , trust me ..



Add in the flour, cornmeal and the baking powder



Pour in the milk ... look how the milk flows




Whoo... whisking again !



This is how it looks after the whole whisking process.. doesn't it look inviting ..
You can dip your little finger to sneak a taste ...


Add in the yellow corns .. (no more whisking please)..




Gently fold in the corns with the mixture using a spatula.

Place the muffins cups in the baking muffin tray . Add in 2 to 3 tsps full of the mixture.



Sprinkle a few of the remaining corn over the muffins. Look how beautiful they are !



Nothing beats having an micro-wave cum convectional oven. It's much faster than the conventional oven to preheat. Whichever yours is, do remember to Preheat to 200 C or 390 F .


Put the muffin baking tray into the oven. Set the timer to 20mins.


While waiting, separately, I have added some 20g of cocoa powder into the remaining mixture , without the corn. My elder son saw me baking and couldn't resist the request for a chocolatey version... hehe..


So here is another Chocolatey version of the Kenny Rogers muffin ! .. LOL .. wonder what Kenny Roger will make out of this ..



Added some hersley toppings as well.. I am getting so So so CrEatIve !


Here ...some of my first bite into the muffins .... hehe..

Here's the fuller version ... Aren't these the cousins version..!! LOL
Ohhh...Kenny, I would love to be ON your muffin team , Pleasseeeeee!

1 comment:

  1. I follow the recipe but my muffin did not rise and the texture was hard. The baking powder in Malaysia sold in two different type, regular type (single action BP) and another type double action BP. Which one is being used here?

    ReplyDelete